Saturday, January 14, 2012

Framework

I need a plan.
It's how I'm wired.

Framework.

I used to be opposed to the
alarm clock.
I would wake up at a reasonable
hour on my own.
Usually 7 AM.

But, not always.

Sometimes I slept in.
It was easy to let our schedule
fly out the window on those days.
The structure was gone.
Yes, we still got things done.
But, no one knew what to expect.

It felt horrible.

Hence, the need to revamp the system.
Revamp *the plan*.
My plan includes the alarm.
It has really been helpful.

It keeps me accountable.
Starting and ending
at the same time every day
is a BIG part of *the plan*.

Keeping it simple and
structured is imperative.

It's what works.
For me.



We homeschool.
Structure to our day is
so important.

Day after day.
The same.

My plan allows for flexibility.
Life happens.
I get that.
And there are seasons.
I get that, too.

But, as much as is possible,
*the plan* must be adhered to.

A time for rising.
A time for schooling.
Times for eating.
Times for exercise and worship.
Time for scheduled appointments,
work and play.
A time for resting.

A framework for the day.
Each day.

For me,
teaching is best done in the morning.
I have a block of time set aside for that.
Nothing is to interfere.
No chatting on the phone.
No computer work.
No appointments.

I need to be home.
And my mind must be too.

Afternoons are available
for appointments,
shopping and playing.

Liberty.
Freedom.
Peace.



We are all in various seasons.
My plan may not be what works for you.
Your *best* time to school might
be the exact opposite of mine.
(If you homeschool, that is).
Our days will be different from yours.
But, the principle is the same.

A plan is necessary to accomplish
what is necessary.

The goal?

A peaceful home.
Where we all know what to expect.
That we might bring Glory to God.
Each day.

By HIS Grace.

If you desire to implement a *plan*,
I would encourage you to pray.
Ask the LORD what HE would have you
keep and what HE would have you
eliminate from your schedule.
Ask your husband what his vision
for your home life is.
Together, make a plan.

And then,
be flexible.
Enjoy the life God has given you!
And live for HIS Glory!
Each day.

"But ye, brethren,
be not weary in well doing."
~ II Thessalonians 3:13 ~

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment