Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Burnaby Village Museum

Burnaby Village Museum
is a local family favourite.
Especially at Christmas.
Decorated and lit up for the Season,
it is magical.

A re-created early 1900's
town with authentic buildings
and volunteers in period costume ~
It's a little like
stepping back in time.

In the evenings leading
up to Christmas, there are activities
and extra special things for families to enjoy.

We found ourselves there
one evening a few days before Christmas.


Our first stop?
The Carousel. :)
Calvin was my photographer ~
he chose not to ride.


A recent addition to the museum is
a beautiful, completely restored
Interurban Tram Car ~
From the era before most owned their
own transportation.
My Dad rode on one of these
as a young boy growing up in Vancouver.
(A little slice of personal history).

Did they look as nice as this back then Dad? :)


Here's a portion of the *main street*
with Howie and Fraser facing the camera.
I'm at the far left in this shot and
Emma is running toward me...
we're a little blurred ~
See us? :)


My Sweetie and me! :)


Thank you Calvin for taking
the photos!
It's tempting to stop
bringing my camera along with
me to things like this.
But then I remember that
it's necessary.
Often the photographer
gets left out of the pictures! :(

Next time it's my turn Calvin. XO

What are some of your family favourites?
Do you have special places you like
to visit during Christmas?

Please share!

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment