Monday, January 2, 2012

Lesson Learned

My Engagement Ring.

I have had it for over 21 years.
In all that time I have only lost it once.

A few weeks ago.
For a whole week.
I, however, didn't know it was missing
until after six days.
(I wear my gold wedding band
all the time...it's the diamond ring
that I often go without.)

The Ring lives in a special
hiding place.
If it's not on my finger,
it's there.

Always.

Except for that time mid-December.
It wasn't.
When I discovered that it was missing
I prayed.

And then...
I had Howie take apart the plumbing
under the kitchen sink.
I sorted through six days' worth of garbage.
I sifted through a full vacuum bag.
I cleaned behind the fridge and stove.
Thoroughly.

Nothing.

We went to church on Sunday morning.
We listened to a wonderful sermon.
And I was distracted.
I tried not to be.

And then the Pastor had us
turn to Genesis 3:15.
Like he had the week before.

And there. was. my. RING!


Laying there.
Right where I had put it.
The week before.
Oh. My. Heart.

Yes, I did read my Bible that week.
In Isaiah.
In the New Testament.
But not in Genesis.

Moral of the story?
Do not play with your ring
in church.
Keep it on your finger.
And pay attention to the sermon!

Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment