Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chocolate Pecan Muffins ~ THM Compliant

Have Y'all heard of Trim Healthy Mama?

I kept hearing about it so much, and I was intrigued
enough by all that I read, that I bought the book.
These girls have much to say that makes a lot of sense.
I don't know enough about them to endorse all that they
may stand for, but, the initial results I've had
from eating the way they suggest have been positive.

I've felt better than I have in a long while.
I've dropped 10 pounds without starving myself ~ it really has been painless.
And, the cravings truly are not there or, can easily be satisfied
while staying on plan and continuing to achieve your ideal weight.
It isn't a "diet" in the conventional sense ~
 it's a way of eating and nourishing oneself that is easy to stick to.
It tends to regulate blood sugars and help the body find a good balance.
I have found it to be both satisfying and energizing.  :)

Are you interested to learn more?
Click here to find the book for sale on Amazon.

One thing to mention, and it's a significant thing if you ask me ~
these sisters do not endorse sugar of any kind
if your goal is to lose weight and/or balance your blood sugars.
That means no honey, natural sugar, raw sugar, or maple syrup
for those who are trying to achieve the specific goals mentioned above.
These authors would not include growing children in that restriction.
All of God's good food is encouraged in their case.
And, for everyone, a balanced approach to nutrition is promoted.

They encourage the use of Stevia in a couple of forms.
One of those is Truvia ~ I don't know for sure how I feel about it.  

In the meantime, I have been using it.
That's my disclosure for this post, and I felt it was 
necessary to give it prior to sharing the recipe.  
There.  Now I feel so much better.  *Wink*

Having said all the above, I don't see why you couldn't make these
muffins with regular sugar if you don't want to follow the plan.
I've not actually made them without Truvia, so you'd have to give it a try to see.
According to my calculations, this recipe would require approximately 
3/4 cup to 1 cup of sugar to achieve the same level of sweetness.

Oh, and just so you know.  I still have sugar occasionally.
When I do, however, the scale shows me that I've done it.
It's so empowering to know how to quickly arrest that situation
and stop it in its tracks before it gains a foothold.

Now, on to the recipe!


~ Chocolate Pecan Muffins ~
(Adapted and modified from one of the recipes
which may be found in Trim Healthy Mama)
**These would fall into the S category**

6 Large Eggs ~ Organic, preferrably
2 tsp Vanilla ~ I use the pure extract
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Golden Flax Meal
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Almond Flour
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/3 cup Truvia sweetener (or 3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar)
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 cup Chopped Pecans
1/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted

Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl and set aside.
Measure all dry ingredients together in large bowl and
stir until no lumps remain ~ I mix with my fingers.
Mix egg mixture into dry ingredients, stir lightly with a fork.
Add in melted coconut oil and stir together well.
Let sit a minute or two to let batter rise a little.

Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
I use parchment liners in my muffin tin,
but, you could grease the muffin cups prior to filling.
Fill to the tops of the liners ~ I use the large size.
Makes 10 large muffins.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Tester should come out nearly clean. 
Be careful not to over bake as your end product will be too dry.
Serve warm with butter.  Enjoy!

Many Blessings,
Camille

**Disclaimer ~ I only endorse things that I use and enjoy.
I am not compensated in any way for my opinions.
They are just that ~ opinions.  Please do your own research
in order to be sure that you have made the right choice for you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment