Thursday, January 17, 2013

Keep Blogging Burnout at Bay

Ever wonder how *they* do it all? 
How *they* manage their schedule
in such a way that everything gets done? 

A little secret. 

 *They* don't. Something has to give. 
Somewhere.  Sometime.  It's inevitable. 
 We all make choices. 
Often, one thing gives way to another.
That's not necessarily a bad thing.
But, it is something to be reckoned with.

 Do I read to my child or blog? 
Do I make dinner or order something in? 
Do I work and then play? 
Do I go for a run or lay down for a rest?
 There is a time to play, a time to blog, 
a time to run (or walk), a time to rest,
and perhaps, even a time to order dinner in. 

Yes, it's true! 

 But, we ought to seek the LORD
as to what He would have us to do. 
We make our plans, but He orders our steps. 
 We seek to live our lives surrendered to Him. 
By His grace.  In His strength.  For His glory.

 With nearly three and a half years of blogging 
and over 500 posts behind me (dear me!) ~ 
I have a few suggestions on how to manage this blogging life.  
However, I have not arrived, and I am still tweaking
and revising my own list of *do's* and *don'ts* ~
I suppose it's the way it is and, the way it will always be.

Ready for some suggestions to 
keep blogging burnout at bay?
Here they are...in no particular order.  :) 

Set aside a specific time to blog and stick to it! 
(Just so you know, I am not perfect in this area...I'm a work in progress). 
Do not allow yourself to feel obligated to blog.
(This one I am much better at...in case you hadn't noticed...LOL)!  

Perhaps time off is in order.  
Give yourself that time and let your 
online friends know that you will be away from the screen for awhile.  
Or, just go *off grid* and *reconnect* when you are back!  
In my experience, the blog does not fall apart in my absence,
and time away helps to redefine the goals I have
for blogging in the first place.
I have found this practice to be very beneficial!

The challenge with an online life is that it's *live* 24/7.  
And, often we can feel its pull.  
Resisting that pull is key to remaining in control of it.  
In the early days I posted frequently, 
and I visited other blogs frequently as well.  

It was a learning curve.  

Sometimes the school of hard knocks is necessary.  
It's the way it often is.  
Now, I visit others when I can. 
I blog when I can.  I leave the rest.  
True friends will understand.  They really will.  
And, isn't that what we all want?  
True friends who understand?  

Yes, I think so.  

If we expect understanding, we must also give it.  
Sometimes we need space.  Our friends will too.  
What a blessing it is that we can pick up 
where we left off and resume a true friendship at any time. 

Oh, the joy of it!  

Grace extended and received is a beautiful thing. 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for extending it to me. 
May the LORD help us all to find the balance in all things ~
yes, even in blogging...for HIS glory alone.

Would you like to share your ideas on this topic with all of us?
It would be lovely to read your thoughts on how
to keep blogging in its proper place ~
Please feel free to share in the comments of this post.  

Blessings to you all!  
With Love,
Camille

**Photo in this post courtesy of Calvin ~
Thank you my love!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment