Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lessons on Frugality From the Greatest Generation



Frugality is a big part of my and my family's life. I love saving money and living cheaply. My parents are big on saving money; my Dad recommends Dave Ramsey to everyone he meets and my Mom is obsessed with, well, everything involved in frugality.

I think being obsessed with the Greatest Generation and history has really impacted my love of frugality. I mean, not only is my life so much different than most of the people around the world, in the 1940s, the people weren't fighting over who had the bigger flat screen TV. Laziness wasn't encouraged and people didn't leech off the government by the millions. Instead, people were encouraged to grow their own food and make do with as little as possible! Not only did it save money, but it was patriotic.

Seeing how the Greatest Generation lived, with so little, has impacted my life. I mean, if they can live on barely anything, can't I live on so much I have?

The parts in this series are:






No comments:

Post a Comment