Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another *L* in the Family

It's official ~ I'm getting old.  :)

Our Calvin has his learner's license ~
wasn't it just yesterday that he was our baby?
Time waits for no man, or, in this case ~ woman.
We must enjoy these seasons or we will forever be looking back
with fondness on days gone by all while missing out on today.

One day, I will look back fondly on these days ~ 
at least, I think I will.  *Wink*


As I advised when Austin got his learner's ~
Get out of the way!  :)

This is going to be an adventure.
Calvin's logged just over an hour ~ only 59 to go.
He must have an instructor (mostly me) with him for the first year and 60 hours ~
then, he will be able to challenge the road test for his *N* classification.
I'm in no hurry for this year to pass by ~ however, I do hope I survive it. 

On a side note ~ I have a little story to share about the 
vehicle we teach our children to drive in...
she's affectionately known as "Old Betsy".

When we acquired this family van, I was expecting Emma.
We were unable to fit another baby into our car, so a van was a necessity.
When we purchased her, Betsy was a new-to-us seven year old vehicle.
I casually mentioned to Howie that I thought she would be a
great van for the kids to learn to drive in ~ he laughed.
Austin was not quite seven years old at the time ~
when he would be old enough to drive, the van would be sixteen.

I smiled and secretly hoped I would be right.
And, I was.  Betsy is perfect.
And, she made it.  She's eighteen.


She's got a scratch or two already and
over 200,000 km on the odometer ~ a great provision, if you ask me.
Hang in there Betsy...you only have to last another six years ~
That would see us through to the end of Emma's year of learning.

What about you?  Have your children begun the adventure of driving?
Will you teach them to drive when the time comes?
If you do, please know that you have my greatest respect.  
It's certainly not for the faint of heart ~ or the weak of stomach. 
Let's cheer one another on...okay?  :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment