Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The View From Here

I know that one day I will forget.
My memories will fade.
And, partly, that is why I blog.
I blog for many other reasons, but this journal
of life in the here and now is a very important part of it.

I remember when the kids were small,
I thought it would go on and on and on in the same way forever.
And, then things changed.  They changed.  Routines changed.
It snuck up on us slowly, rarely did it happen suddenly.
And then, things were different.

This is my way of preserving the here and now forever.
These days are sweet and full and will not return to us as they are.
Things will change.  We will change.  And life marches on.
So, today...I'm sharing the view from here ~
Because I know it won't be like this for long.

Emma's cousin let her borrow her doll (the blonde one)
complete with clothes and bed ~ SO sweet!
Thank you R...you may never know what joy you've brought.


 Emma tenderly cares for these two as though they were 
a living and breathing part of her little family.


 See the attention to detail?


  It's been gorgeous lately ~
Howie pressure washed and set up the deck furniture last weekend.
The children have taken full advantage of it and migrated  
outside with their studies ~ some more benefits of homeschool.  :)


We cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see 
this young man resume his studies...


...and take up the violin once again!  :)


Howie's parents have been down-sizing.
Pieces of their home have been integrated into ours ~
it's bittersweet.


 This photo was the inspiration for the post title ~
it's the view from our back sundeck...looking to the left.


 This little miss is growing up so quickly ~
remember the last time I posted a photo like this?


Cherish the days and moments and joys of life ~
they really are gifts to be thankful for.
May the LORD continually give us eyes to see
and hearts full of rejoicing in Him.
May He help us truly to enjoy the treasures of now.

Many Blessings to you!
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment