Friday, December 7, 2012

Prepared

Sometimes, God prepares us for what is coming.
In the past few months it felt as though
the LORD was doing that for me.

Christmas was coming,
albeit, a couple of months down the road,
but, it was coming.
I had a photo of the children that 
I thought would be perfect for the Christmas Cards.
I got them printed.

In October!

That motivated me to get a Christmas letter written.
Which motivated me to write out and address
all the Christmas cards.

In October!
~ Christmas photo: taken in May 2012 ~

Little did I know that, just prior to Christmas,
Austin would be hospitalised for six days,
and then, less than a week later,
he would have a pacemaker inserted.

Little did I know.
But, God knew.

Our times are in His hand.
He orders our steps.
And, sometimes, He prepares us.
Always, He sustains us.
Always, He provides.

There have been times when I have felt unprepared,
even then, He gives the grace and strength needed.
Regardless of our circumstances, 
He is in complete and Sovereign control.

He is SO Good!

Having my Christmas cards done ahead of time
was just one of the ways
in which the LORD prepared me for this busy time.
I had meals frozen and put away, 
and my Christmas shopping was done early.
These things have been such a blessing.
They were not *necessary* things, 
but, they were blessings nonetheless.

Although I did have some meals frozen,
they eventually ran out ~
then, some lovely ladies brought us food.
Thank you P, L, and P!!  
Isn't it wonderful to have dinner cooked for you??

Thank you, E for taking my children to your home
for dinner on the day of Austin's surgery ~
What a blessing that was!

I stand in awe of the LORD's provisions
in these tangible ways.
And, I am thankful.

May the LORD bless you all!

Much Love,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment