Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Birthday Party for Martin Luther King Jr.


 This year for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, my students and I will be celebrating his great legacy by throwing a birthday party in his honor!  

They will make a paper hat craftivity:


(I also thought about having them draw pictures and cut them out to attach to real party hats.  That could be fun too!)


They will create gift boxes for Dr. King:


Read about his dream for the world with this mini reader (created with my clip art)!


Create a birthday "dream" banner:


And I have bulletin board idea that will look precious with these "bubble" letters:


Each student will also get a "goodie bag" of items that will represent Martin Luther King Jr.'s beliefs!  


The first 5 people to leave a comment will get this party kit for free!  
Thanks for reading, and thank you very much for your continued support, encouragement, and kind words!  They mean so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment