Sunday, April 17, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

It's been a steep learning curve.
A new way of doing things...
especially in the kitchen!

Since the diagnosis of Crohn's,
life has changed.

But, we are getting there ~
It's not so overwhelming any more.
The LORD is so gracious with us,
isn't HE?

I have made homemade mayonnaise
and homemade ketchup...


homemade yogurt...


homemade almond flour bicuits, muffins and loaves...


I've soaked nuts and beans,
and learned a new way of doing many other things!


I have been cooking with Almond Flour...
now, that's a new experience.

But, oh...is it ever yummy! :)

I imagine this is a *little* of what
it must have been like to live in the 1800's.

E.X.C.E.P.T...
I have a dishwasher,
a clothes washer and dryer.

I have indoor plumbing.

AND a fridge and a freezer.

I am able to buy fresh produce at the store.
I don't milk my own cow or raise my own chickens...
Although, I think it would be better if I did!

Our clothes are store-bought...
I do know how to sew and knit,
but I can do those things for fun ~
not because I HAVE to!

I suppose there really is no comparison, after all!

Oh...the blessings of the modern age!
I am thankful!

This week I record my thanks.
What a blessing to be able to!

1321. The smell of Spring!

1322. The grass is growing!

1323. A new Hydrangea bush to plant

1324. Another freezer

1325. The laundry/mud room is all one colour!
I painted it one day when a sudden motivation overtook me. :)

1326. Getting things cleaned, sorted and organised
in the laundry room

1327. How fresh it feels!

1328. New recipes to try, and finding some really good ones


1329. Learning it is possible to live without hot running
water for a few days ~ I boiled what was needed.

1330. The yummy smell of cloves

1331. More freezer space so I can stock up (see #1324)

1332. Budding cherry trees

1333. Spring days

1334. Getting organised little by little ~
it feels soooo good!

1335. Settling into a routine ~
oh how I thrive in it!

It's easy to count.
It begins with noticing the *little* things.
Noticing the moments.
Entering into them and writing them down.
It's as simple as that.

My journal sits on my counter.
I list as events unfold.
Sometimes many all at once,
and other times in a trickle.

Would you like to begin?
Just grab a pen and a journal,
set them out on the counter,
and list out your blessings.
Find the joy in the moments ~
As they arrive.

Enjoy the journey!

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment