Thursday, April 28, 2011

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent


There are some scary ingredients in
*regular* dishwasher detergents.

For awhile now I have been using
a more natural alternative.
BUT...it is prohibitively expensive!

And...now that I am making more
messes in the kitchen
than ever before ~
and running the dishwasher at least twice a day ~
I needed to find a more frugal solution while
maintaining my requirement that it be *healthier*
than the *regular* stuff.

Here is the solution I came up with ~
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent.
(Click on the link provided to find the recipe)

And, click here to find
Citric Acid for purchase.


Does anyone know if I've been led
down the garden trail here?
Is this stuff really better for you?
I can tell you for certain that it is cheaper!

MUCH cheaper!

One thing to note ~
It seems to *clump* after a few days...
so, you may want to just make a small batch.

If you use too much for your machine,
it seems to leave a little film on the glasses.

Ask me how I know.

Make sure you use vinegar in
the rinse aid dispenser and
turn the dial to release the largest amount
per wash load.

And, of course,
Do NOT do this! ;-)

If you give it a try,
please let me know what you think!
And, if you have any suggestions
or answers to my questions...
please share! :)

Next up on my *to try* list...
Homemade TOOTHPASTE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment