Thursday, April 21, 2011

Darkest Before the Dawn

The disciples of the LORD likely were
confused and greatly discouraged.

The LORD Jesus Christ was dead.

They had witnessed it all.
HE was buried.

How dark a time that
must have been for them.
How they must have felt!
All hope seemed to be gone.

But, it was not Truth.

The LORD promised HE would rise again.
HE would be victorious over the grave.
Death could not hold HIM.

Early on the third day,
the first day of the week, which is Sunday,
the LORD Jesus Christ rose from the dead!

"And the angel answered
and said unto the women,
Fear not ye:
for I know that ye seek Jesus,
which was crucified.
He is not here:
for he is risen,
as he said."
~ Matthew 28:5-6 ~

How wonderful it is!

We serve a RISEN LORD!

Is HE your LORD?

How amazing it would be if
you would trust HIM with your
never-dying soul this Easter.

HE alone is worthy of all our praise.



~ Arise, My Soul, Arise ~

Arise my soul, arise;
Shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding Sacrifice
In my behalf appears:
Before the throne my Surety stands,
Before the throne my Surety stands;
My name is written on His hands.

He ever lives above,
For me to intercede;
His all redeeming love,
His precious blood to plead;
His blood for sin did once atone,
His blood for sin did once atone,
And now it pleads before the Throne.

Five bleeding wounds He bears,
Received on Calvary,
They pour effectual prayers,
They strongly plead for me:
"Forgive him, O forgive," they cry,
"Forgive him, O forgive," they cry,
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die!"

The Father hears Him pray,
His dear anointed One;
He cannot turn away
The presence of His Son;
His Spirit answers to the blood,
His Spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I am born of God.

I now am reconciled;
God's pardoning voice I hear,
He owns me as His child,
I can no longer fear;
With confidence I now draw nigh,
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And, "Father, Abba, Father," cry.

Charles Wesley (1707-1788)


May the LORD bless
you each one this Easter!

In HIS Love,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment