Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Piano


I grew up playing the piano and took lessons most of my school years. When we got married I did not have a piano ~ it was a luxury we could not afford! It was ten years before a piano came into our home...a thirty year old gift from the Lord. I was expecting Emma at the time. The evenings were the only times I had to devote to playing. I was rusty ~ still am ~ but determined to learn some new music. Pachelbel's "Canon in D" was the piece I chose to devote time to learning. I loboured over it evening after evening and learned most of it during the last six months of my pregnancy with Emma.

One day when she was still a newborn we were home together ~ just the two of us.

She was fussy.

I rolled her bassinette over to the piano. "Canon in D" was the piece I chose to play. It brought tears to my eyes to watch her visibly relax and calm down. It was soothing to her! If you ask her today she will tell you her favourite music is "Canon in D" ~ how precious is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment