Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mexican Salad

Super Easy and Super Good!

This is a hit at our house and there are virtually no prep dishes to clean up. You will find this on our table at least once a week through the hot days of summer ~ But I have served it twice in the last week.

Why the sudden switch?

My friend thanked me for sharing this recipe with her and told me she had made it THREE times within the first few weeks of January ~ that's the inspiration behind its appearance at our winter table! Maybe it will coax an early arrival of spring? It doesn't hurt to try! :)

Mexican Salad

**Adapted from the
Kraft What's Cooking Magazine ~ Summer 2008 Issue


~ Ingredients ~

Salad Greens (I use organic mixed baby greens)
Tortilla chips (crunched up)
Tins of kernel corn ~ drained (I use two small for six of us)
Tins of black beans ~ drain and rinse (I use two small)
Shredded cheese
Salsa
Kraft Peppercorn Ranch dressing (or sour cream ~ healthier)

~ Method ~

Layer the ingredients in order given on individual plates according to the appetite of your family/guests. This recipe can be doubled, tripled or made for just two...soooo handy for those hot days and there are no prep dishes to clean up!!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment