Saturday, January 9, 2010

At Calvary

**Photo taken between Tsawassen and Victoria ~ on the Ferry Trip**

This hymn has been playing through my head lately and it is so beautiful.
There is so much Truth here...
May it be a blessing to your heart today!

At Calvary

Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died
On Calvary.

Refrain:
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty,
At Calvary.

By God's Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I'd spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned
To Calvary.

~ Refrain ~

Now I've given to Jesus everything;
Now I gladly own Him as my King;
Now my ransomed soul can only sing
Of Calvary.

~ Refrain ~

Oh, the love that drew salvation's plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span
At Calvary.

~ Refrain ~

William R. Newell (1868-1956)


No comments:

Post a Comment