Friday, April 29, 2011

Capturing the Moments

What is life?
A vapour.

That's what the Bible tells us.

"Whereas ye know not what
shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour,
that appeareth for a little time,
and then vanisheth away."
~ James 4:14 ~

When the children were younger,
I thought there was
SO MUCH TIME.

I really thought things
would go on and on
JUST AS THEY WERE.

I was stopped by Mothers
and Grandmothers
who encouraged me to
E.N.J.O.Y.

They told me it would soon be gone.
I smiled and nodded.
I didn't really see it at the time.

They were right.

Enjoy these moments,
these days....
they are fleeting.

And so,
I continue to count.

1361. Seeing the boys' Tonka Trucks
parked by the shed ~
and the memories of how they
used to play *chicken* with them!
When did they stop doing that?!


1362. How Emma sets bugs free...
and talks so tenderly to them while doing it! :)



1363. Calvin's new camera ~
He saved for a long time and got it on sale.

1364. Candles to blow out ~
More memories made


1365. Sibling friendships



1366. Growing together

1367. Raindrops to capture


1368. A boy to share the love of
photography with


1369. Provisions ~ over and over and over again!

1370. Health and strength day by day

It's easy to count.
It begins with noticing the *little* things.
Noticing the moments.
Entering into them and writing them down.
It's as simple as that.

My journal sits on my counter.

I list as events unfold.
Sometimes many all at once,
and other times in a trickle.

Would you like to begin?
Just grab a pen and a journal,
set them out on the counter,
and list out your blessings.
Find the joy in the moments ~
As they arrive.

Enjoy the journey!

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment