Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Almond Flour Waffles


Here it is...as promised!
Another recipe for Almond Flour.

We like these waffles even better than our old standby.
I've even served them to company!
They get rave reviews.

And they are quick to whip up at a moment's notice.
They cook MUCH more quickly than the *regular* type.
In my waffle maker, they are done in a minute and a half.

Better and better.

Makes you want to get your hands on some
Almond Flour now, doesn't it? :)


~ Almond Flour Waffles ~

As found in the book ~
"Breaking the Vicious Cycle"

1 cup Almond Flour

4 Eggs, beaten

2 Tbsp honey
(preferrably raw and liquid)

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

1/4 tsp Sea Salt

1/4 tsp Baking Soda

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
with a wire whisk.

Preheat and grease your waffle iron.
(I use coconut oil to grease it ~
melt a little and use a brush to coat the iron)
Be forewarned...you will be sorry if you skip
the greasing step ~
Ask me how I know! :)

Pour 3/4 to 1 cup of batter onto the
waffle iron and cook for about 90 seconds
or until done.

I quadruple this recipe for our family of six.
The boys and Emma all have hearty appetites.
My waffle maker cooks four squares at a time
and one batch would make two of those four-squared waffles.
I hope that makes sense!

Feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy!
Blessings,
Camille


**One thing to note ~
Almond Flour will go rancid if
it's not stored properly.
Keep it in a sealed container in the fridge
or freezer for long term storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment