Monday, March 19, 2012

Chai Tea Latte ~ Homemade

Chai Tea Latte with Vanilla
is my preferred indulgence
whenever I go to Starbucks.

Y.U.M.

Recently, I was there
with a friend and our
two little girls.
As, per usual, I ordered
my usual.


And my friend asked if
I wanted the recipe for a
homemade Chai Tea.
You know what I said, right?

Yup.
That's right.

So, now I can share with you!
Are you excited?
You should be! :)

Measure out 1 cup water per
tea bag and set in a pot to boil.
(I really like this made with
Vanilla Rooibos...but,
any regular tea will do!)


Reduce heat to simmer and add
1 heaping teaspoon each of
the following whole spices (not ground) ~
Cardamom, Cloves, Fennel, and a Cinnamon stick.
Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes
with lid partially vented.

Add in a heaping teaspoon of brown sugar
and 1 cup of full fat milk.

Heat through, but do not boil.
Strain and serve.


This recipe makes enough for one
GIANT mug or two regular sized ones...
with no option for seconds.

Enjoy!!

Thank you my sweet
friend for sharing! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment