Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Old Way

Sometimes the Old Way
really is the Best Way!

I thought I needed to revamp
my system
.


Home responsibilities
for the children were divided up.
And matrixed.
And rotated.


But, I found it
was a little too
complicated for my liking.
I didn't have a good handle on
who was to do what and when.

I discovered that I liked the
old way of doing things better.
With adjustments.

Of course.

My old system was lacking
in some areas.
So, it's been overhauled.
And, re-instated.

Each child has a responsibility
or two (or three).
Always.
The same one
(or two or three).

They know what to do
and when to do it.

If something is not being done,
I know which child has neglected their duty.
It's foolproof.
(Is anything REALLY foolproof?)

And easy.

Yippee!

In our system ~
(which, btw, I learned about from
my friend with ten children) ~
The children's jobs stay the same for at
least a year at a time.
This way, they become proficient at them,
which makes it MUCH easier on us all.

Again,
Yippee! :)

How do you manage responsibilities
around your home?
Do you have a chart?
Do your children switch jobs
or keep the same ones?
Or, do you do everything?
(That used to be me ~
But, I found that I really NEEDED
the help of our children.)


On a side note...

I sincerely hope
this type of thing
never occurs in your home if
one of your children is assigned
the task of vacuuming.
It only happened here once ~ LOL!
(Click on the link above to discover
what is wrapped around the power brush...
the guilty party shall remain nameless).

Happy Homemaking!
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment