Sunday, January 23, 2011

Of Gingerbread and Other Good Things

It's a tradition.

We *must* bake gingerbread
at least once over Christmas.

And we did.


The rolling.
The shaping.
The sprinkles.
The icing.
The candies.
The tasting.

It's all an adventure.
I find myself becoming a *little*
more relaxed with the whole process.

And OH!

How the children
ENJOY it!





Thankful this Monday for more of the *everyday*.
Thankful for more of the *ordinary*.
How precious it is to number them and
to reflect on HIS goodness!
Have you joined us yet?
Oh, do come along...
it is a JOY!

1091. Family beach walk
on a crisp winter morning ~
R.E.F.R.E.S.H.I.N.G.

1092. Tazo Vanilla Rooibos Tea ~ Yum!
(Notice the tea mug?
It's the one Emma gave me for Christmas,
and the tea was from Fraser ~ precious)!


1093. Bonus Air Miles!

1094. Music teachers for our children

1095. Sleeping in

1096. Catching up

1097. Routine

1098. Admitting I was wrong and making it right ~
with the LORD and others...forgiveness!

1099. Fresh starts

1100. Homemade soup for lunch

1101. Lunch as a family ~ all six of us together

1102. Early to bed

1103. Early to rise

1104. Purpose

1105. Grounding ourselves with the Truth

1106. Dispelling fears

1107. Being able to glue together a broken ornament for at
least the third time (and it's been broken in three places too) ~
Yaay for Super Glue!



1108. Seeing old friends

1109. Being greeted warmly by a teenager who is not related ~
very sweet!

1110. Snow in the night ~ waking up to white!

1111. Furnace that faithfully heats this house again and again ~
I think it's the original...nearly 40 years old!!

1112. Rain that washes all the snow and ice away

1113. Warm, dry home on a cold, wet day

1114. The sound of the downpour as we fall asleep

1115. Chicken Pot Pie for dinner ~ Yum!

1116. Muffins for breakfast

1117. Pre-soaked steel cut oats ready to be cooked up
quickly in the morning ~ Do you notice how much of my
life revolves around food?? LOL!

1118. Casting all my care upon HIM ~
HE cares for me! What a comforting thought!

1119. Freshly boiled water poured over a favourite tea bag
to enjoy just before bed

1120. Little girl asking me to play "Canon in D"
on the piano while she settles down to sleep ~
"Why do you like it?" I ask.
"I don't know, but it is so beautiful!" comes the reply.
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

1121. When things are not perfect...
points me to the ONE Who is!

1122. The sense of humour in the children evidenced
more and more as they grow...sometimes I really laugh!

1123. Snuggling on the couch with the two youngest
during morning quiet times...
Precious moments thatwon't last forever.

1124. An evening of hockey with our two oldest

1125. A fresh dose of P.E.R.S.P.E.C.T.I.V.E.

1126. Knowing that the LORD not only knows,
but HE also cares

1127. Cheering my husband on from the sidelines ~
I am so thankful for his *never give up* attitude

1128. Book recommendations

1129. The occasional coffee...yum!
(I *love* it, but it doesn't love me back)

1130. Getting the thank you notes done and mailed!

1131. Precious people to thank! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment