Friday, January 21, 2011

It May Look Good ~ But is it REALLY?

I've been thinking on this a lot lately.
How often do I live to please others...
and forget that my purpose is to please the LORD?


I've been looking at the motives of my heart.
Why do I do what I do?
Am I any different when I am alone and
*no one* sees me?
Ah, the litmus test of the heart.

Heart religion.

Am I a Pharisee?
A Hypocrite?

Food for thought.

Our precious Saviour had a few things
to say on this matter.
HE always looks on the heart.

White-washed tombs was what
He called those who looked good
on the outside,
but their hearts were far from Him.

Oh. Dear. Me.


Living for HIM.
Looking unto HIM.
Following HIM.
In everything.

"That no flesh should glory in his presence.
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus,
who of God is made unto us wisdom,
and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

~ I Corinthians 1:29-31 ~

For HIS glory.
Not mine.

By HIS grace.
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment