Thursday, March 21, 2013

Homemade Fudgesicles

Homemade is always best, right?
I've always thought so.  

My sweet friend *C* gave me this recipe last summer,
but, alas...I didn't have the appropriate equipment.
Aka ~ a popsicle mould.
When I searched for them, they were sold out.
The other day at WalMart I spotted some popsicle moulds,
and even though it isn't summer yet,
I snapped them up.

You know what I did then, right?
You guessed it.  I made fudgesicles.
Yes, I did!  :)

They didn't last long.
Yummy.  Nummy.  
Chocolately wonderfulness.

So, grab your popsicle moulds and get going.
Everyone in your home will thank you.
That is, of course, if they like chocolate.
If they don't, I cannot help them.
However, that would mean there will be more for you.  

Yippee!  :)


~ The Recipe ~

2 tsp Corn Starch
1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
1 1/3 cup Whipping Cream,  not whipped
1/2 cup Sugar 
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Bring all ingredients, except the vanilla,
to a boil in a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Boil 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Cool completely and pour into 10 Popsicle moulds.
Transfer to freezer and wait until solid ~
approximately four hours.

Enjoy!

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment