Monday, June 11, 2012

Dishwasher Detergent Update

Do you remember when I posted about
I quit using the recipe I shared
due to the fact that a mysterious film
continued to appear on my freshly washed dishes.
I was not willing to put up with it.

I threw in the towel.

The time has come to give it another try.
At the time of that post, my friend Trisha
left her recipe in the comment section ~
Thank you for sharing Trisha! :)

It's very simple.



One part Borax to one part Baking Soda.
That would be the cooking kind,
and not the washing kind of soda.
Mix together and store in a glass jar.
Use like you would your regular detergent.
(I use about 2 Tbsp per load ~
please ignore the photo above for dispensing amount)

So far, it has worked!

The only thing that I have noticed
is that this does not work as well as the
pre-packaged, store-bought stuff on pots.
When I want to wash pots in my machine, I don't use this.

Otherwise, it is a winner in my books.

I use white vinegar in the rinse dispenser.
We do not have hard water where we live.
I don't know if those things make a difference.

Overall, my initial findings are positive.
And, it is SO much cheaper!
And, healthier?

Let me know if you give it a go.
I hope it works for you too!

Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment