Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Setting the Record Straight

Setting the record straight ~
It's long been on my heart to do so.

Recently, Trisha wrote a post on a book,
which I read upon its release, and was troubled by.
"One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp is the book.
I used to be one of Ann's regular blog readers.
Faithfully, I would link to her "Multitude Monday" posts.
Her words often blessed and challenged my heart.

Because of all this, I read her book.

Very quickly, uneasiness set in.
There was error contained within its pages.
Unfortunately, I could not endorse it.
But, by association, was I?

Click here to read a thoughtful post
addressing similar concerns.
Thank you, Trisha, for doing so in such
a gracious and loving way.

At the time, my actions included removing
the link to Ann's blog from my sidebar,
as well as the link from the bottom of each of my
"Thankfulness Journal" Posts.

It grieved my heart to do so.

It was a silent statement, but a necessary one.
My husband advised me against launching into
a thorough critique of the book at the time.
He continues to oppose that course of
action due to time constraints.
He does, however, endorse
the content of this post.

It is not my intention to open up a debate.

Since so much time has passed,
it may seem a little *out of place* to address it now.
But, I am aware of the fact that I have been associated
with "One Thousand Gifts" since my numbered list
of thanks is still being published here.

Because of this, I cannot remain silent.

My thankfulness journal had its beginnings
long before the book ever came out.
It was a direct result of Ann's posts about being thankful.
For that influence (as well as for other things), I am grateful.
Without a doubt, it has been a great blessing to
keep my own journal of thanks.

I plan to continue.

My concern is that it seems, perhaps by default,
that I am persistently linked to Ann's book.
And, through my silence, I may actually
end up being mistaken as a promoter.

That is not the case.

There were many lovely things about
Ann's blog which I enjoyed.
Her beautiful stories, thought-provoking articles,
and lovely photography were all greatly appreciated.
Friendships were made as a result of linking up on Mondays.
Articles which were written by Ann
have been referenced in some of my posts.
Those particular articles continue to be a blessing to me.
It would appear that she is a lovely lady who also loves the LORD.

The intent of this post is not to judge
her heart or her motives.

However, it is imperative that the record be set straight.
I am unwilling to promote something that contains error,
no matter how seemingly *small* or *insignificant*.
There is nothing *small* or *insignificant*
about error in any way, shape, or form.

"Sanctify them through thy truth:
thy word is truth."
~ John 17:17 ~


Truth matters.

And no matter what the cost,
I must proclaim it and live by it.
By God's Grace.
For HIS Glory.

"Thy word is true from the beginning:
and every one of thy righteous
judgments endureth forever."
~ Psalm 119:160 ~

May the LORD grant us each wisdom and discernment
as we walk this path with Him.
If you are not a believer in the LORD Jesus Christ,
please Click Here and prayerfully
consider what your future is without Him.

Nothing else really matters.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him,
'If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' "
~ John 8:31-32 ~

In HIS Love,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment