Monday, February 20, 2012

Homespun Treasures

Homespun treasures.
We likely all have them.

Perhaps...
A quilt made by Grandma long ago.
A baby blanket lovingly knit by
a pair of sweet hands.
A stack of handwritten letters.

Things irreplaceable.
Things priceless.
Of little or no monetary value.

BUT...
Of great sentimental value.

In this post I share
just a few of my homespun
treasures with you...
and then I will ask you to
share some of yours with me. :)

My husband has always loved airplanes.
As a graduation gift for my Sweetie,
my Dad created this Spitfire
in pen and ink and framed it for him.
It was the year we were married.


My Mom made this cross-stitch for us
as a wedding gift.


And my sister stitched this one
for the same occasion.


Just last week Calvin made us all
bookmarks using photos that he had taken.


Complete with a verse and personal
note on the back of each one.


Our other children
have given us notes and cards (handmade)
and other little gifts of love
over the years.
We treasure them up in special
keepsake boxes.
And then, of course,
there are the photo albums
and home videos of the children
when they were small.


If we should ever have a fire,
these are some of the irreplaceable
things that would be missed the most.

Keeping in mind, of course,
that it is unwise to store up
for ourselves treasures on earth.
(May the LORD give grace to keep
all things in their proper place and
in perspective).

What homespun treasures do you cherish?
And who made them for you?

Do share.
Maybe even post about them?
Please let me know if you do! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment