Thursday, February 9, 2012

Almond (or Peanut) Butter Granola

This got rave reviews.
My Sweetie couldn't
believe that I made it ~
LOL! :)

Should I take that
as a compliment?
I chose to.

Y.U.M.



Jennifer Jo featured it on her
blog about a week and a half ago.
I altered it slightly.

One thing to note ~
I don't have peanut butter
in the house because two of our
children are are deathly allergic to it.

However, I think it would be
F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.
made with peanut butter.
I substituted almond butter.
And it was SO GOOD!


~ Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter) Granola ~
Adapted from Jennifer Jo's recipe.

5 cups rolled oats
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup brown sugar (I used Sucanat)
1/3 cup liquid honey
1/3 cup unrefined organic coconut oil
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
(I used almond butter) ~
If it's salted,
decrease the amount of salt you use.
1 cup dried cranberries
(or other dried fruit)

Stir the oats, nuts,
and coconut together in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan,
combine the brown sugar,
honey, coconut oil, salt
and peanut (or almond) butter
over medium heat until melted together.

Pour the wet ingredients over
the dry and stir to combine.
It will be lumpy.
Spread the mixture into a
10" x 15" glass baking dish
and bake at 250 degrees for 60-90 minutes ~
Stir every fifteen minutes,
until nicely golden in colour.
Be careful not to overdo it.


Cool to room temperature and add dried fruit.
Store in an airtight container.
Serve with creamy milk.

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment