Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dressing Up the Lentils

I have never been excited about lentils.
They have never been interesting to me.
Never, that is...
until now.

A trusted source for recipes is a wonderful thing.
I am fortunate enough to have a few.
This came from one of them ~
I have not been disappointed with her recipes yet.

I was prepared to be disappointed this time ~
After all, we are talking about lentils!

BUT I wasn't.
None of us were.
We all liked them ~
A LOT!

One thing to mention ~
We had them the first time with brown rice and
a lovely green salad on the side.
You could go back and forth between the flavours.
The meal was a HIT!
Everyone had seconds.
As it should be...
the sign of success.

The second time around, a HUGE pile of rice and lentils
was dished out to each guest around the table ~
without the salad on the side for balance.
The salad had been enjoyed as the first course.

The second course completely lost its shine ~
as you might imagine.
These lentils
sparkle brightest as a side dish.
In that supporting role,
you will find it difficult to resist a second serving.
Really, it's true!

Lesson learned *the hard way* ~
Do NOT serve these lentils in a HUGE mound unaccompanied.
BUT DO serve them...you won't be sorry you did!

I do hope you try them out...
with a lovely green salad on the side! ;-)


Sweet and Sour Lentils ~

Click on the name above,
and you will find the post with the recipe in it.
Entertainment awaits...she always entertains while talking about food.
Read through, or just skip right to the bottom of the post,
and there you will find what it is you are looking for.
I think you will agree...they are worth the hunt! :)

I made them exactly as stated, but for the following few adjustments ~
I soaked the lentils prior to cooking,
I used dehydrated cane juice instead of brown sugar,
and I also used organic apple juice.

The recipe, as is,
would feed about four *normally*...maybe more?
I made double.

Any questions?
They really are super easy...and delish!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment