Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Freddy the Pig

**Please see the "update" at the bottom of this post ~
I just wanted to be sure you all see it. :)


Wonderful.
Witty.
Imaginitive.

E.N.T.E.R.T.A.I.N.I.N.G

Freddy the Pig
is a favourite around here.

He talks.
He has adventures.
He tickles the funny bone.

The boys have all enjoyed these books ~
I'm sure Emma will appreciate them in the coming days as well.

This series of books was written over 75 years ago.
One of our adult friends read many of these as a child ~
She was so excited to learn that the boys had some to read for themselves!
She even borrowed one ~
rekindling the memories, I suppose. :)

Treasured books from our childhood always hold a
special place in our hearts, don't they?

I'm sure the young people in your life
would happily thank you for introducing them to Freddy.
He's a wonderful read-aloud as well!
I hope you enjoy Freddy as much as we have.

Want to find out where to purchse your own set?
Click Here


**UPDATE**
Something just was drawn to my attention about the
"Freddy Goes Camping" book ~
there is a character who dresses up ghostly to scare people
away from his property in this novel...mildly scary for little ones ~
if you wish to avoid such things, this would not be the one for you.

On the whole, these books tend to be full of "good, clean fun" ~
having said that, they do not appear to have been written by a Christian.
As with any recommendations that I make ~
Please consider what is best for your family and
draw upon the wisdom God promises to give.
I would still highly recommend them. :)

**I am not compensated in any way for this opinion**

No comments:

Post a Comment