Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's a Keeper!

Oh. Dear. Me.
Are you ready for this?

Absolutely the
B.E.S.T.
Cinnamon Rolls ever!

I came across this recipe one day awhile back.
I figured the day would eventually arrive when
Cinnamon Rolls would be *needed*.
So I saved the link.

Today was the day.
There are a few happy people around here.
It's a "keeper"!


The dough before the first rise.


Punched down and rolled out with butter,
cinnamon and golden sugar spread on it.


Rolled up and sliced into individual buns.


Set for the second rise.


Risen and ready to pop into the oven.


Freshly baked!


And glazed...


Beware of the consequences if you bake these ~
they are SO difficult to resist!
Don't say I didn't warn you! :)

from the Sisters Cafe Blog.

I altered the recipe just a bit as follows.

They required a little more flour than was listed in
the recipe ~ be sure that you knead the dough until it is
elastic and smooth...about 5 minutes of kneading.
The resulting dough will be slightly sticky,
but should make a nice, smooth ball.

The sugar I used to spread with the cinnamon
was golden brown sugar ~
it wasn't clear which type of sugar was called for
in the original recipe.

I found that mine took about 15 minutes to cook.
And they ended up touching each other during baking ~
even though I spaced them apart on the pan.

Please do let me know if you try them out!
Feel free to ask questions if you are unsure of anything...
I will try to be of help.

Have a lovely week!
Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment