Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Power of Music





I have visibly seen the effect of good music.

AND the effect of music that is not so good.

The workings of it have been witnessed in my own soul.

For good and for bad.



There have been times when I have encountered my

children playing together ~

doing something like Lego,

and the attitudes and words exchanged

amongst themselves were not edifying.



Quietly I turn on *the* music...

happy, children's music ~

Scripture in song.



A transformation takes place.

The children *suddenly* are happier...

joyful...

and kind.



They sing along...

almost subconsciously.

And they don't even realise what I have done.



I.N.T.E.R.E.S.T.I.N.G.



Music is powerful.



What are we filling our minds and homes with?

Pause to consider the effect.





"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;

teaching and admonishing one another in

psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,

singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

~ Colossians 3:16 ~



Many Blessings,

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment