Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whimsical Giant Tissue Paper Flowers


Need a cute and cheap way to decorate a classroom? Make giant tissue paper flowers! I made them this summer, and I think they make my room look kind of whimsical! I couldn't believe how easy they are to make. You can find video tutorials online if you need to see someone make an example--I'm a visual learner, so I had to seek out the tutorials!

1. Flatten out 8 sheets of tissue paper.
2. Fold it accordion style.
3. While the paper is still folded, tie the middle with string or a twist tie.
4. Scallop cut the edges of the tissue paper.
5. Gently pull the tissue outward, and it will begin to look like a flower!

Easy, and it adds a bright pop of color to the room! I also thought they would be great for parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment