Thursday, February 17, 2011

What to Do When Life Hurts


Does life sometimes seem thorny?
A little like this tree?

But,
if you look closely,
you will see a little bird
sitting in her nest ~ safe among the thorns.

Perhaps that is how it is for us?
When life seems to be at its *worst*,
could it be that it is then that we learn
how protected and loved we really are?


Our times are in HIS hands.
HE does all things for our good and HIS glory.
We are sheltered and safe under HIS wings.
In HIS shadow.
We have nothing to fear.

Do we REALLY believe this?

Is it only true when all is going well?
No sickness.
No sorrow.
No trials.

Is our foundation shaken when things don’t go well?
When there is sickness, sorrow and suffering?

Thorns?


Fear and worry choke out joy ~
Rob us of our peace.

How precious God’s Word is.
That is where we find TRUTH.

Not in our feelings.
Not in our experiences.

In HIM.

That is where truth and
trust and life are found.

Only in HIM.


I must fortify myself in HIS truth.

In HIM I rest.
In HIM I trust.
This HE calls me to.
This HE enables me to do.
By HIS grace alone.

HE is my EVERYTHING.
All is to be found in HIM.

If this is not your testimony,
I implore you to run to the Saviour today.
HE is the only One Who is able to set your heart right.
HE is the only Way.

"Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me."
~ John 14:6 ~

In the same book of the Bible,
the Lord Jesus also spoke the following words ~
"All that the Father giveth me
shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me
I will in no wise cast out."
~ John 6:37 ~

Feel free to email me if you wish to discuss these things further,
or if you would like us to pray for you.
The LORD is good and gracious.
HE does all things well.
Yes, even when life hurts!

May all of you, kind friends,
know the peace that passes all understanding
as you put your faith in the only ONE worthy of it ~
The LORD Jesus Christ.

In His Love,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment