Friday, February 11, 2011

The Solid Rock

I have been singing/humming this around the house today.
The LORD Jesus Christ really is everything.
HE is my everything.
No one can possibly replace HIM.
How precious it is to belong to HIM!

Whatever it is you face...
Whatever trials you find yourself in...
Whatever disappointments you have known...
HE alone is Worthy of all your praise and trust.

HE is able to save you utterly
and cast away your sin forever
.

Come to HIM as you are,
find your ALL in HIM,
and these words will be true for you too!

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
~ John 6:37 ~


~ The Solid Rock ~

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

~ Refrain ~

His oath, His covenant, his blood,
Support me in the 'whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

~ Refrain ~

Edward Mote (1797-1874)

No comments:

Post a Comment