Sunday, February 13, 2011

Let the Sunshine In!


"When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow.
For I will be with thee, thy trials to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress."

Quoted from the hymn
~ How Firm a Foundation ~

Oh there are times it feels as though they WILL!
But, the LORD promises they will not!

How often we must speak TRUTH to ourselves.
How often I must listen and drink in that TRUTH!

This is not our home ~
We are not to put roots down here.
Sin, sickness and disease are in this old world ~
We must do battle with them.

But, Oh what a blessed thought ~
There is NO sin in Heaven.
None of the effects of sin are there either ~
No sickness, sorrow, or death.

The longer I live,
the more precious Heaven becomes ~
HE becomes more precious!


Thankfulness.

In the midst of life's trials and troubles.
Thankfulness is something I can do.
When everything *seems* out of control.

Was I ever in control?
No ~ It was an illusion.
God is in complete control ~
Of all things!

I give thanks ~
To the ONE Who deserves All our Thanks.

God is Good ~ ALL the time!

"I will bless the LORD at all times:
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD:
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together."

~ Psalm 34:1-3 ~


1176. *Bad* days to drive me to the Saviour ~
How wonderful HE is!

1177. Alternative medicines

1178. *Feeling it* from resuming a
light weight routine ~ progress!

1179. Sunrise in the rearview mirror on
an early morning drive

1180. Three lanes open through the tunnel into the city

1181. Pink wispy clouds in the pale blue sky ~
The Heaven's declare the glory of God

1182. Heat in the van

1183. "Little House" to listen to

1184. Free parking near our destination

1185. Children's Hospital

1186. Time alone with Emma

1187. A kind doctor


1188. First appointment of the day ~ in and out!

1189. Answers to questions...a blessing

1190. The way Emma rescues bugs and TALKS to them
as she sets them free!! SO cute! :)

1191. A husband who took the children out for dinner
when I had a nasty headache

1192. Being tucked into bed by our sweet little girl

1193. More questions and how they drive me to the LORD


1194. Storms of life and knowing in the depth of my
being that God is in complete and Sovereign control

1195. Boys who do a *clear out* of their rooms
without being asked! :)

1196. How kind the children are to me when I feel sick

1197. Protective boys...so sweet!

1198. An evening with my Dad ~
Just Emma and me. :)

1199. Long-ago treasures to explore

1200. A sunny day after many grey ones


**Photos of Sun-evidence taken recently ~
Is it obvious that I was excited? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment