Thursday, November 4, 2010

All We Like Sheep...


Oh we heard the MOST wonderful sermon
a few Sundays ago!

I had been thinking on Psalm 23.
And the sermon was on Psalm 23!
Funny how that works sometimes. :)


How many sermons have you heard
preached on that Psalm?
I'm guessing...not many.

I hadn't.

It seems that it is so
COMMON.
But it is not!

The truths found within it are
WONDERFUL!
So rich and full and encouraging.

The pastor pointed out that
it is thought that Psalms 22, 23 and 24
were originally meant to be read together ~ as a unit.

Interesting.

Psalm 22 is the Psalm of the Cross.
Psalm 23 is the Psalm of the Crook (as in Shepherd's).
And Psalm 24 is the Psalm of the Crown.

Often, Psalm 23 is read as a death-Psalm,
but it really is full of life and living!
We ought to be encouraged as we take the time to
meditate and digest what is really there.

Is the Lord Jesus YOUR Shepherd?
Are you HIS sheep?

Personalize this Psalm if HE is and if you are.
Think about what a human shepherd will do for his sheep.
How much more precious it is that our Shepherd is
the ALL knowing, ALL seeing, ALL compassionate God!
We are in VERY good hands!

We are SECURE.

We will never fall away...
because HE KEEPS US!!


As you think on these familiar verses in this Psalm,
compare what you read to the verses in John 10:11-18
and John 10:26-29.

Oh how WONDERFUL!!

~ Psalm 23 ~

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of
the LORD for ever."

Prayerfully consider these verses
as they pertain to you.
Do you belong to HIM?

I pray that you do.
If you do not, the Bible tells us ~

"For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
John 6:37


HE will recieve you if you
come to Him in repentance and faith.

Trust HIM.

HE alone can save you from
eternal destruction,
set your feet on solid ground,
and give you an eternal hope!

May the LORD bless each of you this weekend,
kind friends, with HIS rich goodness ~
May HE lead you gently unto Himself.
In His Love,
Camille


**All photos in this post courtesy of my friend Christa @
Country Hearts at Home
Thank you so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment