Saturday, March 12, 2011

Error...Beware!

A little over a year ago,
a childhood friend and I had a discussion regarding the
paths we have taken in our Spiritual lives.
We hadn't been in touch with one another for many years.
I had no idea what had transpired in the years we were apart.
I was grieved to discover that she had abandoned her faith.

Through that conversation, I was exposed to some
very disturbing heresies put forward as truth by this friend
who had "grown up" and was "trained up" in the church.
We had gone to Sunday School together as children.
Her "testimony" began where the
Bible Believing Christian's would remain ~
with the Lord.

After abandoning that "fairy tale"
(her words...not mine)
there was more enlightenment and
"truth" reportedly discovered.
Unfortunately, this story is not unique ~
many have fallen away from the Truth.

How does this happen?
Were they ever really saved?
Can a true believer of the Lord Jesus Christ
ever be snatched away by the Evil One?
According to God's Word,
the answer is an emphatic NO!

"My sheep hear my voice,
and I know them and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me,
is greater than all:
and no man is able to pluck them out of
my Father's hand."
~ John 10:27-29 ~


We are all sheep.

Who or what are we following?

I am so thankful that my husband patiently walked
with me through this process and
directed me to portions of Scripture that
settled and calmed my soul.

What a blessing that God's Word is "quick and powerful"!
That word "quick" could also be translated living.
God's Word is Living ~
the only book in the Universe of it's kind!

The verses to follow are what my
Precious Saviour used to minister to my heart.

"But there were false prophets also among the people,
even as there shall be false teachers among you,
who privily shall bring in damnable heresies,
even denying the Lord that bought them,
and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shalll follow their pernicious ways;
by reason of whom
the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of."
~ II Peter 2:1-2 ~

"While they promise them liberty,
they themselves are the
servants of corruption:
for of whom a man is overcome,
of the same is he brought in bondage.
For if after they have escaped the pollutions
of the world through the knowledge of the
Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
they are again entangled therein, and overcome,
the latter end is worse with them
than the beginning.
For it had been better for them not to have
known the way of righteousness,
than, after they have known it,
to turn from the holy commandment
delivered unto them."
~ II Peter 2:19-21 ~


And, regarding the infallability of the Bible,
(which was another attack made),
the following verses were a comfort ~
They address the inspiration of both
the Old and New Testaments.

"That ye may be mindful of the words which
were spoken before by the holy prophets,
and the commandment of us the
apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
Knowing this first,
that there shall come in the last days scoffers,
walking after their own lusts."
~ II Peter 3:2-3 ~

And regarding the apparent "contradictions"
among the writings of Paul and even the Gospels,
the following verses were a comfort ~

"And account that the longsuffering of
our Lord is salvation;
even as our beloved brother Paul also
according to the wisdom given unto him
hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles,
speaking of them of these things;
in which are some things hard to be understood,
which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest,
as they do also the other scriptures,
unto their own destruction
.
Ye, therefore, beloved,
seeing ye know these things before,
beware lest ye also,
being led away with the error of the wicked,
fall from your own steadfastness
."
~ II Peter 3:15-17 ~

**In all the Scripture quoted above,
the emphasis is mine.**


My husband began writing his blog as a direct result of these
charges brought forward against God's infallible Word.
He patiently and graciously worked through this knotty subject
with me and my precious childhood friend.
What a blessing!

Are you interested in reading more?
His posts are much more *in depth* and thorough
than my treatment of the subject here.

Click here
to get to the series he
diligently laboured over.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the first post
and read up ~ typical blogger style.

May the LORD guide you each one to
HIS perfect and infallible TRUTH.
And those of us that belong to HIM ~
May we boldly proclaim the LORD Jesus Christ
as the ONLY Way of Salvation
for this lost and dying world.


Many Blessings,
Camille



**Sheep photo in this post is
courtesy of my friend Christa @
Country Hearts at Home
Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment