Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birds, Trees, and...Postcards!

I usually base my classroom theme around a book. In the past I have done "Where the Sidewalk Ends", "Oh, The Places You'll Go!", and "The Dot". This year I really wanted to tie in the birds from my Starry Eyes cards, so I decided to do a bird/outdoor type theme--but I'm kind of sad I don't have a book to go with it! Any suggestions??? I already have my outdoor wicker furniture and outdoor umbrella in the reading area, and I found this adorable tree mural at Target for super cheap:

It looks like I painted it on the wall! I LOVE it!!! It came with a few owls, a squirrel, flowers, and cute little mushrooms. I also found these precious little owl cut outs at the Parent Teacher Store:



I will post pictures as soon as I start putting up all the fun decorations! I love giving my classroom a yearly makeover. On a side note, I can't wait until tomorrow! I find out the names of my new kiddos, and get to send out my postcards!

No comments:

Post a Comment