Monday, April 26, 2010

The "Extras"

Giving thanks once again for the "ordinary"
and sometimes the "extraordinary".

This week I was pondering the question ~
What is it that we really need?
What does the Bible say?

I was teaching my two youngest from this passage of Scripture
and sought to apply the principles found within it.

The following verses also came to mind ~

"But godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world,
and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and raiment let us therewith be content."
I Timothy 6:6-8

It seems to me that ANYTHING over and
above the basic necessities are
"extra" and a blessing!

Countinuously numbering the blessings ~
these really are the "extras"!

401. Unexpected flowers from my Howie! :)


402. A little girl who is winning the battle with nailbiting.
The reward? ~ A touch of pink on her nails. :)


403. Old Betsy entered the next phase of her existence and "clicked over" 200,000 kms (approx. 125,000 miles) and continues to take us places!


404. Calvin's first pair of glasses and the exclamations of joy they brought ~
"WOW! Look how clear that is!"
As if he was seeing things for the first time...
awe and wonder! :)


405. A place to order glasses online
with relative ease and HUGE savings!


406. Mercy extended to me by my Loving Heavenly Father

407. Illness and trials to make me realize what it is that really matters

408. We still have both sets of parents ~ at this moment

409. Slowing down and taking notice

410. God's Wonderful provision for my failings

Many Blessings,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment