Wednesday, June 22, 2011

24/7

Twitter.
Facebook.
Email.
Gmail.
Blogs.
Internet.

Computers.
Cell Phones.
Blackberries.
Ipods.


Always available.
Always on call.

24/7.

No end.
No break.
No rest.
No peace.


B.U.T.

We are commanded to
*be still and know*...
How is this possible,
unless we are intentional about the time
spent in front of these screens?

Intentional about time spent
at HIS feet?

Some of my online friends have
discontinued blogging.
Some have burned out.
Others have decided it's too
costly for a variety of reasons.

I understand.

I don't Tweet.
I just deactivated my Facebook.
I don't have a Blackberry
or an Ipod.

We do have a cell ~
it is usually turned off. :)

I do have Email and Gmail.
I do have a blog ~
(if you are here...you are aware of that)!

But, I don't want any of these things
to control me.
I want to be in control of them.

By God's Grace.

HE is able.
I look to HIM for the strength
to keep things in balance.

Do I do it perfectly?
No.

Am I seeking to follow HIM in it all?
Yes.


How do you manage your online life?
What safeguards do you have in place
so it doesn't overtake you?
It would be a blessing to read
how you are handling it.
I'm sure many will be encouraged.

Me included.

May the LORD help us all to
live for HIS glory in everything.
Might we be pleasing to HIM
in all that we do.

By HIS Grace.

Many Blessings,
Camille



*Update ~
My husband sent me this link...
good food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment