Monday, November 1, 2010

Abundance

In our Western culture we are blessed ~
ABUNDANTLY.

We have running water and indoor plumbing.
We have food in the fridge, the pantry and the freezer.
If we don't have our own garden and chickens,
we have access to grocery stores where we can buy what we need.
We have hospitals and roads and cars and homes.

We have
SO. MUCH.

On this Monday I give thanks.
I give thanks to the Giver of all gifts ~
A Sacrifice of Praise.
HE is the ONE Who deserves our praise.
HE alone is Worthy.

I've been revisiting the thoughts I had when our niece
made a volunteering trip to Ghana.
I think of the Leper Colony she served.

I think of their thankfulness.

Thankfulness for clean bandages
to bind up stumps where feet used to be.
Thankfulness for new "Crocs" to wear and
they were determined to save them for Church!
They NEEDED them everyday ~
but they didn't want to waste them on the everyday.

AMAZING.

How ashamed I am of my unthankfulness.
Unthankfulness in the midst of a multitude of blessings.
A multitude of mercies.

No matter how little we have.
No matter how much we think we need.
We are blessed.
If we have the LORD ~
HE truly is enough.

Recently, and for the last six months
I have not had a dishwasher in my kitchen.
Is this a "hardship"?

NO.

A mere 35 years ago no one had one!
And God in HIS grace has given me a new one.
Did I *NEED* it?

NO.

Am I thankful?

YES!

The boys washed and dried many, many, many dishes.
I washed and dried many, many, many dishes.
There were always more to do.
What a blessing!
If there were dirty dishes in the sink (and on the counter),
it was an indication that we had eaten.

ABUNDANCE.




Austin and Fraser ~ a familiar sight these last six months...

AND...

The new dishwasher fully loaded and ready to run! :)




901. The new dishwasher ~
after six months W.I.T.H.O.U.T. a dishwasher

**Please do not feel sorry for me...it was my own doing ~
I was determined to get the *right* colour ~ see #907...fussy! :(

902. The loads and loads of dishes washed in that new dishwasher (already)
and it hasn't even been installed for one week yet!

903. Howie installed the dishwasher and did a GREAT job!

904. We saved at least $150 because he did it himself

905. It's QUIET ~ We even forget it's running!

906. It doesn't leak AND
it doesn't make the cupboards all steamy inside

907. It's the *wrong* colour ~ sounds funny, I know! ~
The *right* colour is no longer available in Canada,
so it is the next best choice.
It reminds me that this is not meant to be our HOME ~
HEAVEN is!!!

908. Love it that my new dishwasher points me to the LORD! :)

909. Our home is *old* and has been renovated (a few times) ~
It didn't originally have a dishwasher...the opening is
the *wrong* size.
We were fortunate to even find a dishwasher that would fit!!

910. AND...I am reminded once again of
how spoiled I really am

No comments:

Post a Comment