Friday, July 1, 2011

What Lies Do We Believe?

Lies.
They are *out there*.
But, they are also *in here*.

We listen to them.
We invite them to stay.

Why?

It's easier to listen to ourselves ~
To entertain lies rather than Truth.

Truth comes from God's Word.

Have we memorized it?
Hidden it in our hearts?
Does it shape our thinking?
Or are we allowing the World to do that?

Oh, how easy it is to just follow the crowd.
Go with the flow.
Take the *broad road*
rather than the narrow one.

How should our thoughts be formed,
and by Whom?

"...whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise,
think on these things."
~ Philippians 4:8 ~

Does this describe my thought life?
Too often, I would have to say no.

Only the LORD can give us this perspective.
Only as we fill our minds with Truth can
we be free from the bondage of lies.

"Oh how I love thy law!
it is my meditation all the day.
Thou through thy commandments hast
made me wiser than mine enemies:
for they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all
my teachers: for thy testimonies
are my meditation."
~ Psalm 119:97-99 ~

Oh that this would be true of me!
May the LORD help us all to value
HIS Word above the *wisdom* of man.
Only by HIS Grace is this possible.
How wonderful it is that HE leads
us so gently along!

Many blessings to you each one!
In HIM,
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment