Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Benefits of Stock

Homemade stock (chicken, beef, or fish)
is something I have been learning more about this past year.

Why did Grandma make broth?

Was there a purpose to it,
or was it something she just couldn't buy in cube form?
Maybe the answer is BOTH!

Last winter I made chicken broth faithfully ~
it was a staple in our diet.
I don't know whether it's by coincidence or not,
but we had the healthiest winter we can remember since having children!



Michelle at "She Looketh Well" posted an amazing video tutorial
on her blog to demonstrate the step-by-step method she uses to make stock.
I do mine in basically the same way and it is WONDERFUL!!
Just click on the link above to find her tutorial video.

Two of my favourite uses for this chicken stock are
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and
Tanya's Turkey Soup.
Yum Yum!

**Update ~ I answered questions that were asked
in the comments section in another post.
Find it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment