Monday, August 15, 2011

Looking Up

Life has been a flurry of activity.

First, school ended.

Then there were...

Family commitments.

Birthdays.

Anniversary.

BBQ's.

Home projects.

Not to mention the regular.



The *everyday*.



Meals.

Laundry.

Shopping.

Cleaning.



Once in awhile it is important to

re-evaluate.

Take a step back.



Be still.





As I write this, I do not have everything sorted out.

I do not have everything in its rightful place.

But, I am getting there.

Step by step.

By God's Grace.



Every once in awhile we must get above the clouds.

Step out of the whirlwind.

Take stock.



Am I reaching my goals?

Do I have a proper understanding

of what they ought to be?

Have I sought the LORD on what

HE would have me to do next?



Probing, but necessary questions.



Sometimes life is overwhelming.

We get too busy to even think.

At the end of the day it's all we can do to

fall into bed exhausted.



But.

There is hope.



These are often just seasons.

The LORD never gives us more than we can bear.

Sometimes WE are the ones to

blame when the overload buzzer goes off.



I have been guilty of this.



When that has happened I must examine

myself and my motives.

Have I added things into my calendar

that had no business being there?

Did I ask the LORD what HE would

have me to do before I made those commitments?



Ah, yes.

The litmus test.



These last weeks I have taken a step back.

It's been a blessing to just *be*.

To just live and do the next thing.



Looking Up.



Many Blessings,

Camille





**Photo Credit ~ Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment